How Smart Cash Works
• Up to 5% cash back on all of your eligible gas and grocery purchases for the first 6 months‡
• Up to 2% cash back on eligible gas and grocery purchases thereafter‡
• And, up to 1% cash back on all of your other eligible purchases‡
• 1.99% annual interest rate† (AIR) on balance transfers* and deposits* for the first 10 full months
• Enjoy free online access to your credit card account
• And, with no annual fee and free additional cards you’ll start to see the benefits right away.
Rewarding yourself is easy
Once your cash back totals at least $50 at the end of a monthly billing cycle, we’ll automatically mail you
a cheque‡ - it’s that simple.
* Visit the application page for further details
PLEASE READ TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A CASH BACK REBATE
• Click link above. Do not browse or leave application page before it is completed.|
• Please click from GCR again if session expires.
• Must apply online.
• Cash Back Rebate will be paid upon card approval.
• NOTE : You must reply to us within 3 months to report a missing rebate otherwise the rebate is void by the merchant.
With so many choices of credit cards it can be difficult to choose the one that would meet all of your needs best. Some credit cards offer points that are typically one point per dollar that can later be redeemed at a virtual shopping mall to purchase items based on a point value. Other cards offer perks such as airline miles per dollars spent. All of these cards seem nice with their values yet undetermined, but it simply makes the most sense to look into a cash back card where you are not forced to buy something you might not have wanted in the first place.
The MBNA Smart Cash Mastercard is one of the most comprehensive cash reward cards out there offering a great value to Canadians as well. The first six months after the card becomes active, Smart Cash offers a 5% cash back value on all eligible gas and grocery purchases. Since these are purchases that nearly every consumer must make, unlike restaurants or specialty stores, the value is present from the get go. The great value of this card is that after the first six months, this Mastercard continues to award 2% cash back on eligible gas and grocery purchases thereafter. The limits of your awards do not begin and end with gas and groceries. Additionally, the MBNA Smart Cash Mastercard offers 1% cash back on all remaining eligible purchases. This is more value than most cash reward cards which typically limit earnings to one or two categories.
MBNA offers easy free and online access to your credit account at all hours of the day or night making it very simple to view your purchases, make balance transfers with their low introductory annual interest rate or 1.99%, access cheques and deposits. There is no annual fee on this account and additional cards can be ordered for free. The benefits add up quickly and amount to a great deal of rewards.
Unlike other cards, MBNA pays you your totals by cheque as soon as your totals reach $50 at the end of the billing cycle. Most other cards make you wait until their annual pay period and even then your rewards are credited to your account, not issued as cash on hand. A weekly trip to Superstore for $150 and a stop at Petro for $50 has already earned you $10 cash back. It's easy to see how quickly the rewards will add up.