Frequently Asked Questions
No, registering with Great Canadian Rebates is absolutely free.
You have three options for how you choose to be paid :
- eGIFT CARD payments are automatically paid each month by email if your account balance is $10.00 or more for over 58 days. The minimum balance required depends on the eGift card.
Get CASH BACK for Your Payments! A bonus of up to 4% will then be deposited into your GCR account. The bonus rate depends on the card chosen.
See eGift Card choices and more details
- Direct Deposit payments are automatically paid to your bank account each month if your account balance is $12.00 or more for over 58 days.
- PayPal payments are automatically paid to your PayPal account each month if your account balance is $12.00 or more for over 58 days.
Cash back rebate payments are made on a business day nearest to the 28th of the month. Direct Deposit, eGift Cards and PayPal
payments are automatically paid out if you have the required minimum balance for 58 days. The individual rebates and bonuses over 58 days old will be paid out.
Yes, please log in and then click on "My Account" and then click on the "PAYMENTS" tab to change how your Cash Back Rebates and bonuses are paid out. Please do this two days or more before the 28th of the month.
No, however, if they do not match then you must add the GreatCanadianRebates email address to your PayPal
account so you can receive the payment.
You are allowed multiple email addresses to your PayPal
Login to your PayPal
account. Under your PROFILE tab you can add additional email addresses to your account. Add your GreatCanadianRebates email address. You are allowed up to 8 email address within your PayPal
- Each month we will issue a new eGift Card for the balance of your GreatCanadianRebates.ca account if your balance is over only $10.
- Get a bonus for each payment. Bonus rate depends on the egift card chosen.
- Use your payment instantly when paid out
- No PayPal problems
We pay the fees. You get your entire GCR balance made up of rebates and bonuses for any payment method selected.
Practically every purchase made through Great Canadian Rebates will qualify for a Cash Back Rebate. However, shipping and handling fees, taxes do not qualify. Any part of your purchase that is paid with coupons, gift cards or store credit will not qualify. Please see the "Conditions" section on each Merchant to review which items that will not qualify for a Cash Back Rebate.
Most Cash Back Rebates will be posted to your Great Canadian Rebate account within 72 hours. However, a lot of merchants report a day after an item leaves the warehouse. Most travel websites report a reservation within a few days but report the completion after they get paid. That may be anywhere from a few days to 3 months.
If your Cash Back Rebate doesn't post within 7 days, log in and click on the Help link to submit a missing cash back rebate inquiry. There is a 6 month limit to submit an inquiry. This rule is imposed by the merchants and the affiliate networks they belong to.
payments are automatically paid each month by email if your account balance is $10.00 or more for over 58 days. The minimum balance required depends on the eGift card. The individual rebates and bonuses over 58 days old will be paid out. See eGift Card choices and more details
payments are automatically paid to your bank account each month if your account balance is $12.00 or more for over 58 days. The individual rebates and bonuses over 58 days old will be paid out.
payments are automatically paid to your PayPal
account each month if your account balance is $12.00 or more for over 58 days. The individual rebates and bonuses over 58 days old will be paid out.
There is a minimum 58 day wait to get your rebates because we need that time to track returns for purchases and to collect money from the merchants.
|Month Rebate Posted
|Cash Back Rebate Pay Date
* Note : the above table is approximate. The minimum wait for a payment is 58 days after the posting date.
You will earn a 25% Referral Bonus on all Cash Back Rebates earned by any new Member you refer for the next three years.
You will earn a Referral Bonus on all Cash Back Rebates earned by any new member you refer for three years from the time your referral becomes a member. There is no limit to the number of people you can refer to Great Canadian Rebates.
For example :
One person you refer gets $100 in cash back rebates for each of the next 3 years.
You will receive $25 + $25 + $25 or $75 in total for ONE referral.
The potential is huge. Just think of the opportunities if you refer 5, 10, 20 or 40 or more people.
Please note Sign-up bonuses and other bonuses do not count towards referral bonuses.
All Referral Bonuses are calculated and posted to your GCR account on a daily basis. All of your Referrals can be seen in the "Referrals" page when you log in.
Missing a cash back rebate is rare, however, it can happen for various reasons. If you are missing a rebate, log in and click the Help link, then submit an inquiry. If you are missing many rebates then it is important for you to read this page.
If the link works and it takes you to the merchant website, then your transaction will get tracked. However, there have been instances the merchant made software changes that causes tracking to not work. Some credit card or travel merchants track an order properly but never reports the approval or travel completion, hence, your rebate will be missing. Simply click the Help link to manually get your rebate.
A. Member Common Errors
- Did not use GreatCanadianRebates to add an item to cart or wish/save list
- Used coupon code not found on GreatCanadianRebates.ca
- Visited other websites in-between clicking from GreatCanadianRebates.ca and completing the transaction
B. Simple Errors
- Browser cookies were turned off. Click here to learn how to turn them on
- Ad blocker program was on
- Did not use GreatCanadianRebates to go to the merchant web site
- Clicked from GreatCanadianRebates after transaction was completed
- Completed the transaction by phone
- Emails : Getting emails from retailers you often visit can excite you to visit and use a coupon code found in the email. Normally the merchant will take credit for transactions if you use these links that take you to special landing pages or use the special promo codes.
- Research : Researching a product you are thinking of buying is common. Unfortunately, some blogging sites have scripts that change cookies when you visit them. It is important to go back to GreatCanadianRebates and click to the merchant page again after your research is complete. Better still, is to either clear cookies, use a different browser or use a different computer when your research is complete then go to GreatCanadianRebates and click to the merchant and then add item to the cart.
- Comparison Shopping : Comparison shopping is a good practise to find the best product at the best price. What ends up happening is you have multiple tabs or windows open of different merchant sites. Then in a new tab, you go to GreatCanadianRebates and click to the merchant site. Under this situation there is no guarantee we will get credit for the transaction. It is best to be safe and close all tabs but one then click from GreatCanadianRebates again. Or either clear cookies, use a different browser or use a different computer when your research is complete then go to GreatCanadianRebates and click to the merchant and then add item to the cart.
- Ads : Some members click on ads that takes them to a special landing page with a special offer. Then they go to GreatCanadianRebates and click to the merchant. Then they go back to the original landing page from the ad to purchase the offer. Unfortunately, not all offers are available to us. Purchasing a special offer that you cannot access from GreatCanadianRebates means we will not get credit for the transaction and you will not get the rebate.
D. Technology Preventing Tracking
- Security Software : Ensure that the security software settings allow cookies to be set from Great Canadian Rebates and the merchants you are shopping at.
- Firewalls : Firewalls can prevent ads. You will need to keep the Ad Blocking feature turned off.
- Browser Extensions : Special toolbars or browser extensions used for shopping will change cookies or redirect the credits for the source click when clicking to a merchant from GreatCanadianRebates. This causes GreatCanadianRebates to not get credit and you lose out on the rebate. .
- Browser : Make sure your browser is Internet Explorer, Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari. We cannot guarantee that other web browsers will allow cookies and track your clicks from GreatCanadianRebates.
- Private Browsing : Do not use a browser's Private Browsing feature when using GreatCanadianRebates because it can block tracking and you will lose out on a cash back rebate.
- Spyware/Adware : Spyware or adware on your computer can change your cookies so credit is given to another web site. Use reputable spyware and adware removal software that gives you around the clock protection.
- Adblocker : If you use an adblocker then make sure to add GreatCanadianRebates.ca to the allowable filter list.
Your current balance is located in the upper right hand corner of every page on GreatCanadianRebates.ca once you login. You can see a more detailed rebate list be clicking on the CURRENT REBATES link.
We encrypt your stored Direct Deposit data. You will automatically be paid on the 28th of the month if your reached the minimum balance required after 58 days. It will take two or three business days for the money transfer to your bank account to be completed.
We are continually working to add new merchants. If your favourite store is not currently included, please email us at [email protected]
and we will do everything possible to meet your request.
All Cash Back Rebates are paid in Canadian Dollars. Purchases made in US funds are converted into Canadian Dollars based on the daily exchange rate.
Some Canadian Merchants report your sale in US funds, we then convert your purchase into Canadian Dollars based on the daily exchange rate.
All merchants listed on Great Canadian Rebates will either have a Canadian, American, Euro or International symbol beside their name to indicate the currency used.
If you are logged in to GreatCanadianRebates.ca your email address will appear in the upper right hand corner of every page on GreatCanadianRebates.ca. If your email address doesn't appear please click on the "Login" option in the upper right hand corner of the page.
If you return your purchase, the corresponding Cash Back Rebate you received will be debited from your GCR account.
If you did a partial return, an exchange or did a price change with your purchase the Cash Back Rebate will remain unchanged in your account.
Unfortunately, some merchants reverse the entire rebate if there is a partial return, an exchange or a price change because they cancel the old transaction and a new one is created with the changes. When they cancel the original transaction it shows up as a reversal in the reports we receive from the merchants. The new transaction with the updates is entered without our tracking number and we do not get credit. This is wrong. Help us correct this by logging in and click on the Help link to submit a Missing Cash Back inquiry. Please include an explanation.
If your purchase is not satisfactory, please contact the individual merchant where the purchase was made. All merchants on GreatCanadianRebates.ca have either a "Contact Us" or "Help" option, which contains either a phone number, e-mail or mailing address.
If your purchase has not arrived in the expected timeframe, please contact the individual retailer where the purchase was made. All merchants on Great Canadian Rebates have either a "Contact Us" or "Help" option, which contains either a phone number, e-mail or mailing address.
Great Canadian Rebates was built for Canadians by Canadians, thus we have personally checked to ensure that all of the merchants listed ship to Canada.
Your password can be changed in the "My Account" page, accessible from the link in the upper right hand corner of every page on Great Canadian Rebates after you log in. If you have forgotten you password it can be reset on the "Login" page by simply entering your email address.
Please email us at [email protected]
with your home address and any prior Cash Back Rebate earning so we can try to locate your account.
Log in with your current email address and then click on the "My Account" link. From there you can change your email address. You will need access to the old email address to change it.
If you do not have access to your old email address then log in using your current email address, log in and then click on the Help link and ask us to change it.
Please contact our membership department at [email protected]
and request that your account be closed. Another option is to log in and click on the Help link to request the cancellation. Any balance remaining in your account at the time of your request will be forfeited.
Absolutely, the safety of your information is of utmost importance. The Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypts any information you input before it is sent to our servers or our merchants.
Absolutely not. Great Canadian Rebates does not sell or give away member information to third parties.
You have to opt in to receive our weekly newsletter featuring top sales and deals. Once you do opt in you can opt out at any time.
Emails are automatically sent to our members for any rebate or payment notices. However, you have the option of unsubscribing from these emails at any time.
"Cookies" are basic text files that permit a website to recognize a user when they return.
"Cookies" are essential to tracking your transactions by merchants.
"Cookies" will allow you to access your membership benefits without having to log-in to Great Canadian Rebates every time. Our "Cookies" are completely safe and should be enabled automatically with most browsers.
Do a search to turn on cookies if your browser settings do not allow them.
No, never. It is written in the terms you agreed to when you signed up with GCR that we will never do this.
To make certain that you are able to receive messages from Great Canadian Rebates, please take the following steps:
Check your "Junk Folder" or "Spam Folder" to see if any email from Great Canadian Rebates is there. If it is, be sure to mark it as "Not Junk" or "Not Spam" so that messages are not improperly filtered in the future.
Add our email address [email protected] to your "Address Book" or "Safe Sender" list.
Gift cards purchased at a retailer are not eligible for a cash back rebate unless it says it is in the Conditions section on the GCR page for the retailer. Some retailers do offer a rebate and the rebate rate may be different than the rebate rate for merchandise. In many cases, the retailers do not offer us information on gift cards in advance and their rules on gift cards often changes. If you get a rebate for a gift card from a retailer and it is not stated on our site then please let us know.
Some merchants do not allow it and we will display if a merchant does not allow it in the Conditions section of the merchant page on GCR. The answer for a particular merchant can change at any time as merchants often change the rules for cash back. Please check before you use a gift card to pay for your transaction.
Most cash back rebates are reported exactly as advertised. Unfortunately, the rebates at some merchants are not exactly what you expect. Here is a closer look to the reason :
What Amount is Used to Calculate a Cash Back Rebate
All merchants report the amount after any discounts and excludes taxes, shipping and fees.
Errors at Canadian Merchants
A very small number of Canadian merchants belong to an affiliate network that report and pay us only in US dollars. The rebate amount may be slightly wrong due to the affiliate network converting the transaction amount to US dollars when the transaction is reported to us. We then convert back to Canadian dollars when we calculate your rebate and post the amount to your account. For these merchants we pay the currency conversion when we convert your rebate to Canadian dollars, however, it may not always be accurate. The currency conversion are constantly changing and may not correspond to the date you purchase. We have tried many times to get this affiliate network to report in Canadian dollars. Hopefully, they will change soon.
Errors at International Merchants
US and International merchants convert to Canadian Dollars because that is how they report to us and how we are paid. There is a small reduction (2 to 2.5%) in the transaction amount because of currency conversion.
Errors at Canadian Merchants with US Headquarters
Some merchants such as Hotels.com Canada, Expedia.ca, 123inkcartridges.ca do not have their own Canadian affiliate program. They are joined with their US parent affiliate program. This means they convert all transactions to US dollars because they are under the US affiliate program. Then the affiliate network converts back to Canadian dollars because that is how they report to us and how we are paid. In this case there is further reduction (a second 2 to 2.5%) because of the double conversion.
Here is an example :
You purchased an item for $100 at a US dollar merchant.
You paid : $100
Merchant Reported to us : $96.10
The US dollar to Canadian Dollar on date of transaction : 0.986
Click Here for the exchange rate on a specific date.
The bank charges for currency exchange and the merchant also charges for currency exchange. Added together it comes to approximately 2.5% (0.025) for the conversion.
Total conversion rate is now 0.986 X 0.025 = 0.961
The amount a US dollar merchant reports for the $100 item in Canadian dollars is : $100 x 0.961 = $96.10
Buying from Canadian merchants does not have any currency exchanges and charges. However, some Canadian merchants are on an affiliate network that reports only in US dollars.
Sorry for the calculations but that is the way it works. On the bright side look at it as free money.