• New American Express® AIR MILES®* Platinum Credit Card Cardmembers, earn a bonus of 2,000 AIR MILES®* Reward Miles when you charge a total of $1,500 in purchases to your Card within your first three months of Cardmembership. That's enough for a select flight.
• Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 in Card purchases at AIR MILES®* Sponsors
• Earn 1 reward mile for every $10 in Card purchases at other eligible grocery stores, gas stations, and drugstores in Canada
• Plus, earn 1 reward mile for every $15 in Card purchases everywhere else
• Shop at participating AIR MILES Sponsors across Canada with your Card and show your AIR MILES®* Collector Card, and you can earn reward miles twice
• More than 1000 rewards to choose from! Redeem for a wide range of rewards - everything from movie tickets to electronics, travel and more
• American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link.
PLEASE READ TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A CASH BACK REBATE
• Click Apply Now link above. Do not browse or leave application page before it is completed.|
• Please write down the reference (PCN) number American Express provides you after the application is completed. You need this number in case the rebate does not show up.
• Please click from GCR again if session expires.
• Must apply online.
• Cash Back Rebate will be paid upon card approval.
• NOTE : You must reply to us within 3 months to report a missing rebate otherwise the rebate is void by the merchant.
Compare cards, read reviews and search and sort by criteria for top credit cards at credit-card-reviews.ca. Select the best credit card that fits your needs.
A great card for the Canadian Traveler who wishes to earn miles when flying is the American Express Air Miles Platinum credit card. One advantage in applying for it, specific to the Canadian frequent traveler is generally free mileage is provisioned to him or her upon approval. That is not all, during the first year of use there normally is an attractive special interest rate on purchases. Afterwards, a higher interest rate is applicable. The interest rate is slightly higher than the standard rate of interest when a cash advance is required. The prevailing interest rate applies, naturally, as long as the minimum payment is received on time. The traveler also receives reward mileage whenever he or she makes a purchase, using his or her account at participating sponsors across Canada.
The member is provisioned with 24/7 customer service. The representative is available for support wherever the traveler is located—anywhere in the world. Another feature is fraud protection: The account holder who makes it a point to properly protect his or her Personal Identification Number and account details does not need to worry about paying for any charges which show up not belonging to him or her.
A member receives travel accident insurance which provides coverage for the travel member, his or her spouse, and dependent children in the amount of $100,000. The accident insurance is in effect whenever the member uses his or her card specifically for travel.
Another feature is the consumer is able to pay his or her balance in full or over a period of time. There is no annual fee assessed on the American Express AIR MILES Platinum Credit Card.
Canadian residents who fit the following profile are eligible to apply: He or she possesses a Canadian credit file; earns an annual income of $15,000 or higher, and has not filed bankruptcy within the past seven years. Also, an applicant must be the age of majority.
Response is nearly immediate once the consumer applies online. Processing time takes around sixty seconds. There are so many benefits in using the account including redemption of a vast range of rewards ranging from movie tickets, travel and electronics that it is time well spent in making the application. It is possible to earn free air miles today!