• New American Express® Gold Rewards* Cardmembers can earn a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 Membership Rewards® points just by making $1,500 in purchases in the first three months of Cardmembership.
• No Annual Fee for the first year; $150 Annual Fee thereafter*
• That’s enough to redeem for a round-trip Fixed Mileage Flight Reward TM* to almost anywhere in North America.
• Transfer your points to frequent flyer programs, or 1:1 to Aeroplan®* and Avios
• Earn 2 points for every $1 on eligible travel and everyday purchases
• Charge any travel to your Card then pay for it with points
• 1 Free Supplementary Gold Rewards Card (a $50 value*) to help you earn points faster
• You can use Apple Pay on your eligible device to pay for goods and services at participating American Express contactless merchants
• American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link.
• * As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
PLEASE READ TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A CASH BACK REBATE
• Click Apply Now link above. Do not browse or leave application page before it is completed.|
• Please write down the reference (PCN) number American Express provides you after the application is completed. You need this number in case the rebate does not show up.
• Please click from GCR again if session expires.
• Must apply online.
• Cash Back Rebate will be paid upon card approval.
• Cash Back Rebate not available to existing American Express® Gold Rewards Cardmembers
• NOTE : You must reply to us within 3 months to report a missing rebate otherwise the rebate is void by the merchant.
Welcome to the American Express Gold Rewards Card for personal use. The American Express Card gives you access to stores and online merchants as one of the most widely accepted cards in the world. Rewards of card membership and usage described here are those available for Canadians.
Right out of the box, there are two benefits for you. The first is no card fee charged for the first year. That is a $150 value to you. The second upfront benefit is a point sign up bonus (see above for details). All you have to do is make purchases that total at least $500 during the first three months that you are a credit card holder.
As you use the American Express Gold Rewards Card, you will earn points with every purchase. The normal rate that you earn is one point for every $1 purchase. There are some purchases, however, that will earn double points for you. These include purchases made with your credit card for gas, eligible travel, at the drugstore and the grocery store.
No limit, no deadline
There are no restrictions on the number of valuable points that you can accumulate and they will never expire. You can let them build up as you plan your special trip or vacation.
Use your points
There are several ways the points can benefit you. First, when you are ready to redeem your points, use your card to make a travel purchase from a service provider. Vendors include airlines, tour operators, travel agents and car rental agencies. Once you have booked the purchase, contact American Express and let them know that you want to use your points to cover the purchase. The points will then be applied as a credit to your monthly statement. You have to contact American Express within twelve months of the travel purchase appearing on your statement. Second, you can transfer your points to several frequent flyer and other reward programs, including Aeroplan, Delta Airlines, Hilton Honors and others. Third, your points can be turned into merchandise or gift cards.
Other card benefits
Just by making your travel purchases with the American Express Gold Card, you are entitled to additional benefits in the form of travel insurance. There is emergency medical during out of province or territory travel, trip interruption, rental car theft or damage and coverage for lost or stolen baggage.