Apply today and you’ll earn 8,000 points upon your first eligible transaction‡ - that's enough for a free night1 at over 1,500 locations across North America!
The no annual fee Choice Privileges® MasterCard® credit card brings rewards closer to home and from around the world.
Get away faster and easier by earning:
• Up to 15 points for every $1 in eligible purchases at over 5,500 Choice Privileges locations in Canada, the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean and Australasia2
• 2 points for every $1 spent on everyday eligible purchases‡
• 2,000 Bonus Points every year on your account anniversary‡
• Up to an additional 4,500 Bonus Points when you spend $30,000 in a calendar year‡
Plus, get automatically upgraded to Elite Gold status, which gives you♦♦:
• The ability to book free nights 50 days in advance instead of 30 days
• A 10% point bonus on every eligible stay
* Visit the application page for further details
PLEASE READ TO MAKE SURE YOU GET A CASH BACK REBATE
• Click link above. Do not browse or leave application page before it is completed.|
• Please click from GCR again if session expires.
• Must apply online.
• Cash Back Rebate will be paid upon card approval.
• NOTE : You must reply to us within 3 months to report a missing rebate otherwise the rebate is void by the merchant.
Although MBNA has long created specialized Mastercards for Canadians, the MBNA Choice Privileges Mastercard comes with some features that everyone can appreciate.
Choice Privileges is a rewards program that is run by Choice Hotels International Inc. The Choice Hotel brand consists of Comfort Inn®, Comfort Suites®, Quality®, Sleep Inn®, Clarion®, Ascend Hotel Collection®, Cambria Suites®, MainStay Suites®, Suburban Extended Stay Hotel®, Econo Lodge® and Rodeway Inn®.
The program was originally put together in order to allow guests that stay frequently in Choice Hotel properties to take advantage of discounts and savings that accrue through points that are received each time they stay.
The program places guests in one of two categories based upon their point accrual or number of nights per year that they stay at a Choice Hotel. If a guest stays ten or more nights a year, they become an elite member and are able to qualify for additional benefits such as late checkout (2pm), free local calls, a daily newspaper, free high-speed internet, and free incoming faxes. Regular members that do not have elite status also accrue points in order to receive free nights at Choice Hotels and other benefits from Choice partners, such as MBNA, many participating airlines, or rent-a-car companies.
Other partners that also offer points and allow you to redeem Choice Privileges points include Amtrak® and Diner's Club.
By applying for and receiving the MBNA Choice Privileges Master Card now, Canadians can receive an initial point bonus that allows them to stay a free night at some of the Choice hotels.
Another large incentive that an application will trigger is an automatic upgrade to Elite Gold status. This means that among the other things listed above, you also receive a 10% discount on all hotel stays. You can also book any free room that you earn almost 3 weeks earlier than you can when you are a regular Choice privileges member.
And if you apply today, you will receive 1.99% interest for 6 billing periods on balance transfers, access cheques, and deposits.
The standard interest rate for Canada, which includes purchases, balance transfers, access cheques and deposits, and cash advances is 19.99%. Happily, there is no annual fee to own the MBNA Choice Privileges MasterCard.